Solved

create new list item and start workflow

• 3 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Greetings,

I have a workflow where a users can select a single or multiple users to assign to the workflow.  If multiple, I create a new line in the list so that the workflow can run against that new line.  The workflow does not start on the new list row created.  I'm guessing it does not start because the workflow running created the new line.  Is there a way to auto-trigger the workflow to run on the new row created by the current workflow?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by bsieloff 4 January 2018, 04:29

View original

3 replies

Did you already set this option in Workflow settings - Start when items are created

Badge +6

Hello Mohammed,

Yes, I do have the workflow set to start when a new item is created.  I went ahead and set it to start when an item is modified too, but this did not work.  My final approach was to create a new workflow (B) and set it to start when a new item was created but it did not kick off when workflow (A) created the new item.

There should be a way to start a new workflow (or the same workflow) when new items are created in a list by the original workflow.

Badge +6

I found the answer here:  

I looked for start workflow and did not see it.  I figured it was just another action not yet in Nintex Online.  but it is.

You can find it under Integration>start workflow