calculated value

• 13 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

Hi, I'm using Nintex for O365. I've got a problem with calculated values not displaying on new forms. It was working a short while ago (not sure of exact date). Can anyone help? Looks like there was a similar problem in 2017 which turned out to be a bug.

Thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You just have to specify 'Yes' on view mode

Badge +5

Hi Allan, thanks for replying, I've already done that so i'm still stuck. I think maybe the field that the value depends upon isn't picking up the default value, so it might be a different problem to what I originally thought.

Badge +3

Hi Alice, I am experiencing the exact same thing. I have several calculated values on my form - calculating values in repeating sections to a sum - which was working fine, until I made another change on my form - now none of them works and I can't seem to get them to work in any way

I also think you shouldn't have marked it as answered....

Badge +5

Hi Thomas, I am not quite sure how this got marked as answered as I don't think I did so. I've unmarked it.

Badge +3

Hi Alice

I got mine to work - only after a support session with Nintex though - and I learned that if there is a formula somewhere on your form that has errors (hidden, of course), all formula might stop working. I mostly have hide-formula rules in my form, and quickly removing all rules made the calculations work. Now I just need to go through all my rules to figure out which one (or ones) are causing the error. (sigh!)

Hopefully, this might help you solve your issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Oh, yeah, that's right, if you have any error in a formula, the form does not work anymore. I was just supposing everything was ok
In fact this is not all formulas that stop working, only the ones following the wrong one.

Badge +5

Thanks Allan, that is useful to know. I think in this case the form had become corrupted. I have had to start again from scratch (due to another problem) and the computed values seem fine now. (I couldn't roll back to a previous version unfortunately).

Badge +5

Oh and thank you Thomas too!