Solved

Working with user/people pickers in Create Office 365 List Item

• 1 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a Nintex workflow creating a list item using the 'Create Office 365...' option.

My workflow is successful with all field types with the exception of a people picker. When I try to create a list item including a people picker field the workflow gets suspended.

Can this be done?

148462_pastedImage_0.png

I have tried a few other options for formatting the data; all fail. I have not tried all of them.

148463_pastedImage_1.png

icon

Best answer by andrewg 8 December 2015, 23:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Change the value to Email Address, then try again. O365 really likes email addresses to identify people, unlike onprem where it is logins.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, sorry, just read that you attempted each one and it still did not work? let's see, I assume the list you are trying to create an item for is in another site? Is that why you are not using the Create List Item action, but using the Office 365 Create List Item?

How is Profile Permissions provided? By a People Picker on another list?

Badge +1

Yes, the item is being created in another site that is why I am using the O365 options

The profile permissions is a people picker field in a list. It will allow multiple people and groups as it sits today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So I made my own test on this.

• Created a list with title and person field that allows multiple persons
  • Created same list on another site
  • Created a workflow on list1 to send the data to list2 using O365 create list item
  • I was able to have the current item's person field populate in list 2 using the following methods when configuring the action
    • Current item property for person field with default setup, no formatting
    • Current item property for person field with set formatting using advanced lookup, but kept as default (which is login name separated by semicolon)
    • Current item property for person field with set formatting using advanced lookup, changing it to email.

All three methods worked to populate the person field