Solved

How to Schedule a workflow to run periodically

• 13 September 2018
  • 15 replies

Hi all,

I created a workflow using k2 designer, and the workflow so far starts by a button click on the form. I need to schedule the workflow to run couple times a day, everyday without the button click.

Is there a way to do it either using k2 designer or k2 studio?

Thank your for your help.

icon

Best answer by Mounir 20 September 2018, 16:05

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
You can setup Workflow Schedules
http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#k2-workflow-designer/start/schedule/start-schedule.htm

I did try to schedule the workflow from K2 Management but it's not working. 

Attached is screen shot showing that schedule start instances of a workflow but Im not getting any results, Im suppose to update tables and get notification emails. 

Thanks

Badge +10

Ensure that the K2 service account has start permissions on that process.  Then try it again.

Yes, I did that,  the service account has start permissions on  the process, but still I'm not getting any result.

That it has anything to do with the button click ??? because my workflow starts only if I click on a start button on the form.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
On the schedule the WF should start, it might depend on what context the WF needs to complete successful meaning it might error. I see in the screenshot there was lots of start via the schedule can you check the Management site for that workflow errors? I suspect it starts then error.

I checked the K2 management there is no errors, and no instance started. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Thanks, any errors when the schedule fires in the HostServer Logs and K2 Event Log?
You can also check the Eventbus.ClientrecorderError table

I checked k2 Event Log and Eventbus.ClientrecorderError table there is no errors.

But I'm still wondering is it possible to start the scheduled workflow without the button click on my form ? or I need to eliminate the form integration first? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
the click of button to start the Workflow just fires a rule to start the workflow.
Try creating a new Workflow, in this workflow drop a Call sub Workflow event and configure it to call the workflow you are trying to start via the scheduler. Add this new workflow in the Schedule en see if it starts this way.

Vernon, 

I did create a new workflow and I called the main workflow as a sub-workflow, but still it’s not working. On K2 management under scheduled workflow it’s showing active instances but I’m not getting any results.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Thanks, I think the best action to take here is to open a K2 Support ticket to get supports eyes on the situation. Sorry we could not solve this via this forum.

Thank you so much for your help.

Vernon

Thank you so much, it's working now. the prb was with account services.

Thx again

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Nice glad to hear it s all good now. Please check the previous posts if non of them can correlate tot he actual resolution can you please add a solution to this post? It might help someone in future.
Badge +6

Hi.

I do have same issue. let me know how it got fixed for you.

Regards,

Thriveni