cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workflow with Run If never finishes

Hi again,

I have a form with a dropdown with 3 choices (Yes/No/Maybe)

I have a Run If in the WF,  and if Yes or Maybe  are selected from the dropdown, then some other workflow actions happen. If they select No, then the workflow completes.

Once the workflow action in the Run if are finished, the WF status is set to "Started".

I'm guessing for it to finish, I'd have to edit the original form and change it No, but that will never happen. It will either No or Yes/Maybe.

I could do a conditional branch with three options, but I don't want to have to configure/maintain 3 task forms and 6 emails.

I don't care if a yes/maybe never a completes a workflow because the task actions have been completed, but they never "complete" according the SP.

Am I missing something??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Workflow with Run If never finishes

Could you post a screenshot of your WKF ?

I dont understand why you edit your form once the workflow started... the  Run If evaluates only once, changing the dropdown value later won't change anything....

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello Aaron,

Are you starting the workflow when Item is created or you are starting the WF manually?

In either case once the workflow Run If action is started, even though you change the Yes/No options it won't get effected.

Make sure that your Run If condition is set as DropDown value = Yes or DropDown value = May be

Or before run if put log in history list and see what is there in DropDown column, just to check.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm not editing the form.

If was just to say that if the Run If conditions are met., the workflow never "completes".All the actions I want do run, but in the workflow history, it just says Started,

It only completes if I set if the Run If condition isn't met.

I've included then Run If section. There's a drop down called Severity with 3 choices and the Run If kicks in if they select either Significant or Major. If they select, everything underneath runs fine, but the workflow history just says Started.

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 8.13.21 AM.png

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

It doesn't matter if you run it manually or from the new item.

As I said in the other post, the workflow runs fine, except that of you select one of the Run If conditions, the workflow never goes into Completed Workflows in the Workflow Health, even if all the actions within the Run are successful.

Only when the Run If is not met, does the workflow go into Completed Workflows.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi! Just pinging to find out whether you solved the issue with the help found in the Community or by yourself? If by yourself - can you share your solution? Can you mark any from the answers as "Correct"?
Regards,
Tomasz
0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply