Workflow to trigger emails and update list item if item is not found on another list.

• 18 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

I need to create a workflow from my team that will need to filter two different SPO Lists (List A and List B), compare the filtered items, and then trigger and email and update a list item.

In List A - I want to pull all IDs of items that are in a status of 'pending review'

In List B - I want to pull all IDs of items that are in a status of 'awaiting reviewer response"

Then I need to compare the IDs. If the items awaiting reviewer response have matching IDs with pending reviews, I want the workflow to stop (YES condition). If the items awaiting reviewer response do not have matching IDs (NO condition), I want an email to send and List A to update and item.

I know how to set up the email + update list item triggers, but I am struggling to set up the filtering of lists and comparison. Would appreciate any insight or help! Thanks 

1 reply

Badge +7
Hi,

I would suggest to use a Query List-action on List B and store all the IDs matching your filter in a collection. Then, for each item, find the item in List A and match your condition. If the condition matches, do nothing, else, send an e-mail and update the item.

Hope this helps!