Solved

Workflow status not displaying in the library

• 4 April 2017
  • 6 replies

I am new to Nintex. happy.png

I've added a Nintex workflow to a document library on Office 365. The library displays a column with the name of the workflow, but it's empty. I was under the impression that the workflow status should automatically display in this column, similar to a regula SharePoint workflow. 

Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Kasia. 

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 4 April 2017, 15:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is by default. Nintex Workflow does not updates the status there automatically.

To put a status value there, you should add the "Set Workflow Status" action inside your workflow. This is the proper way to populate value for that column

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

BTW: default SharePoint Designer workflow will not do that as well.

There are two types of statuses in workflows. The internal one, that you can get familiar with while browsing the workflow status page (the one that claims "Completed" once finished without errors) and the second one is this "public" status, that has to be set by the workflow on the designer request

Thanks, Tomek!

SharePoint Designer will display the name of the stage of the workflow automatically in the list column, and you can also manually change it using the Set Workflow Status action. That's why I was expecting Nintex to do something similar. But since Nintex doesn't use stages, I guess there's no way it can.

Badge +9

Welcome to Nintex workflows in Office 365, yes as stated by ‌ this column will be created automatically but not populated with any data.

It won't update automatically with "Error" or anything so the only purpose is for a hyperlink into the workflow instance running.

You can also use it for status during the workflow, or I just personally set it once at the beginning with "Started" and then at the end with "Completed"

Badge +5

The problem is, I can set an action to update the workflow status to equal "In Progress" however, it the workflow fails and changes to "suspended" the workflow status on the list view still shows as 'In progress". If a workflow has failed or been "suspended" you should be able to see the "Internal Status" column on the list view. Nintex Online has really moved backwards a lot on monitoring workflows. You can't even set email notifications if the workflow errors or fails!!!

Badge +5

It the Internal Status changes to "suspended", how do you report or view that on the Workflow Status?