Error Access Denied when using Copy Item In Sharepoint, athough the user has high enough permissions

• 19 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

I've got a workflow which copies items from a folder in a sharepoint library, which has broken permission and the user has Full Control to: 

1043iA990187BAC483F2A.pngI then use the Copy To Sharepoint action to copy said item to anotehr library in the same site, bacause the item has to end up in a specific folder. The destination folder also has broken permission and the user has contribute permission to it:

1044iD4722D20E715E5D7.pngBut when the workflow reached the Copy to Sharepoitn action, the workflow errors and the user receives the below email:

1045i247715928D93634B.png

When I use the link from the email, i see the below:

1046iC480BEDD120DF812.png

And in the details i see:

1047iFC4ACF2859C69865.png1048iF6DC07EBFA399B3C.png

The item on which the WF was running does not show as errored:

1049iABB1B326DE772280.png

I've battled this for two days now and I just doesn't seem to work.

The weirdest part is that the same flow works for other libraries with the same stucture. I've tried recreating the problematic folder and library and i still doesn't work.

Any advise is gratly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is a list workflow and the Copy To Sharepoint action uses a url like so: {siteUrl}/{LibraryName}/{FoulderName} for the destination. THe target item for copying is the current item

Edit2: This is a Sharepoint 2013 On-Prem environment

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you have suficient permissions on target library itself?

Badge +1

Yes, the user has suffictient access to the libary.

But I managed to find teh issue - we were using a custom permission level at site level, which has very high permissions(higher than Contribute), but for whatever reason the Copy To Sharepoint action requires either Contribute or at least Manage Permissions, so when i changed the Permission level to Contribute it worked.