Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Workflow not Starting on ItemCreated

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Workflow on a Custom Task List. (Start Options: manually/created/modified)

If I create manually an Item, the workflow is starting. (Item Created)

If an Task Process Action creates Task-Items, the workflow doesn't start.

As soon as the User Responds to the TaskItem, the Workflow starts as configured because the TaskItem (Modified)

EDIT:

Why does de WF not Starting if a Taskitem was created by another WF.

The Reason is, du to the requirements I have to ensure that only the person who was assigned to the task, should be see the task.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Workflow not Starting on ItemCreated

Jump to solution

Did you identify a solution? I see you marked the question as assumed answered.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Actually, Nathan, I marked it as assumed since his edit seemed to indicate he'd figured out the situation. If not, I can unmark it :-)

All the best!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm not sure. Seems like he was explaining his requirement more than answering his own question, but I could be off. I, myself, have wondeted why workflows configured to execute on New Item don't start when a different workflow creates the item. I've never asked here because I've used the Start Workflow action instead. I was curious if he learned something new.

olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello Frank , Nathan was right, the question in not answered yet. I just added some Tags, and tried to add some additional information, to explain my question with a bit more details

I would also use the workflow start action, but it is just a workaround.

So I still need an answer to my question.

brentless
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Are you using "App Steps" in your workflow?

0 Kudos
olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

No, I don't use "App Steps" in my workflow. Should I?

I don't think so, because currently the workflow is starting in context of an user, who is SiteCollection Administrator, so no elevation is needed.

0 Kudos
brentless
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Not necessarily.  If you create list items from an "App Step" workflows will not trigger, so I wasnt sure if that might apply here, but it doesnt sound like it.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I can confirm in my O365 environment that workflows do not trigger when I create an item from a different workflow using Create List Item. I saw it suggested by someone to try the Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set action but I ended up just using Start Workflow instead. Of course, if this is ever changed and Create List Item does start triggering workflows I'll need to go back and fix it.

olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Frank Field : I'll mark the my question as answered as soon as it happened.

So my last Question to you

Can you confirm the described behavior

Especially when Tasks where created by another Workflow during the Actions "Assign a task" / "Start a task Process"

0 Kudos