Set a default group in sharepoint online site using Nintex O365 / webservice

Hello,

Is there any possibility to set a group as default group for a SharePoint site using Nintex for O365?

Thank you.

Regards,

Paul

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Group for what?

Currently when you create a site you have default groups.

What is the web service you mention?

What is your requirement?

Hi,

I have a custom list with some custom columns (site title,description, users, permissions, etc). Based on an item creation a Nintex workflow start with the below actions:

1.Create a site with unique permissions - Done with Nintex Action

2.Create a sp group, add users from a list column in the group.- Done with Nintex and Rest Api

3.Set the new group created with 'x' permissions on the new site created -Done with Nintex and Rest Api

4. Make this group the default group for this site. - how to? with Nintex for O365

The groups are not created automatically, only if you set up manually the site using "unique permissions" and chose/create the groups, allocate permissions.....

If you don't have a group as default for sp site, the impact is big. For example, the users from the respective group cannot share the files even if group has permissions. In "Access Request" section from site, the option, members to share documents is disabled if you don't have a default group.

Thanks.

Badge +5

Hi ‌, I'm not sure if I got you correctly but do you mean to have this group created by default the next time this kind of site is created?

Hi Abdullah Fahmi Mohd Fuad,

I'm having the same issue except that I'm using Nintex Workflow on premise.

If subsites are created with the standard sharepoint interface and the permission inheritance is broken, 3 groups are created by default (owners, members, visitors). The members group is defined as the site's default group. Which means that when you share the site "members" is the group that is selected by default.

My steps are the same as Paul's:

1.Create a site with unique permissions - Done with Nintex Action

2.Create a sp group, add users from a list column in the group.- Done with Nintex and Rest Api

3.Set the new group created with 'x' permissions on the new site created -Done with Nintex and Rest Api

(Repeat the steps for owner, member and visitor)

4. Make this group the default group for this site. - how to? with Nintex for O365

(in my case a members group that looks like the sharepoint default group)

Here is more information about default groups: How to create/recreate default SharePoint groups for a site

Paul BURADA‌: Have you been able to resolve your issue? I noticed that your question is older and it's still the only one that fits my exact issue.

Thank you.

Badge +1

Hello,

I'm having the same issue and using Nintex Workflow on premise.

Have any one found a solution for this?

Thanks!