Server Mail Event - No Email Address was supplied ...

Badge +2
I have an activity with Server mail event.
If I choose for email address field an originator or destination, while running the process I got "No Email Address was supplied..." message in error profiler, even though originator and destionation are valid AD users with valid email addresses.
If I go to code and explicitly write email addresses, everything works fine.
Somehow K2 cannot resolve destination and originator email addresses.
Any idea?

thanks,

12 replies

Badge +7
Yes,

K2 uses the attribute email of the Active Directory user properties. If this attributes is not set, K2 put a blank email...
Badge +11
First have a look at AD and make sure about the user email addresses. If this is fine, there's normally only two other causes for such a problem and that is:
1. Network connectivity to your domain controller; or
2. DNS problems

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Badge +11
Sorry, as a side-note I would like to thank Tanguy for being willing to share his knowledge with the rest of the community. This is exactly what the forum is for - sharing knowledge within the K2.net community. I wish all the other members of this forum will also start to actively participate.

Thanks,
Ockert
Badge +2
If I would have problems with Network connectivity or DNS my originator (AD user) who is starting the process wouldn't be able start the process at all.
Its very simple, originator is starting the process and first activity is defined with server mail event that should send email to originator.
In active directory under General tab in User properties under E-mail field I have valid user email address.

thanks for help,
Badge +11
You're probably right as far as network connectivity is concerned but I have seen problematic DNS settings causing this.

Also, under what account does your K2.net Server Service run? Is it a valid domain account?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
K2.Net Service is running with account defined in AD and also member of Administrator group on my local computer.
Again, if I define in Server mail event under "Specify" and type in user email address, K2 is sending mail without the problem, which means that K2 is doing just fine with sending mails to that user or anybody else. Problem apears when I select "Originator" or "Destination". Somehow K2 cannot read email address from AD for AD users, which is strange, because if I select users from K2 service manager, users apear in the list along with their email addresses.
Maybe the problem is in the fact that my K2 server is working in one AD domain and AD users in this process are taken from other AD domain. But this is correctly set in config file and I didn't have any other problems with this setup. Everything else is working fine.
Badge +7
icon-quote.gifOckert:
I would like to thank Tanguy for being willing to share his knowledge with the rest of the community.

I just try to help people when my knowledge is good enough to answer...

Concerning this email issue, it's quite strange... Did you test with several users ? did you get still the same blank email ?
Badge +2
I try with several users, result is the same.
Badge +11
The only other thing I can suggest is to run K2.net Server in console mode i.e. force K2.net Server to run under the same user you're running K2.net Service Manager and try again.

If this works, it is a user permission problem.

If it does not work, please open a formal support request.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hi Ockert/kreso_k,

We are having exactly the same issue here. Would it be possible to post what the resolution was (Ockert, do you have access to the relevant support db?).

Many thanks,

Rob.
Badge +1
Hi

Is it possible to change the attribute that K2 uses to retrieve the email? Currently K2 uses the attribute 'email' but the active directory I am querying uses the attribute 'mail' to store email addresses. The result is that the email adress does not get populated and K2 produses the error: "No Email Address was suplied, please rectify and try again

I am using K2.NET 2003 SP3

thanks
Badge +1
icon-quote.gifausdev:
Hi

Is it possible to change the attribute that K2 uses to retrieve the email? Currently K2 uses the attribute 'email' but the active directory I am querying uses the attribute 'mail' to store email addresses. The result is that the email adress does not get populated and K2 produses the error: "No Email Address was suplied, please rectify and try again

I am using K2.NET 2003 SP3

thanks

Hi ausdev,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have given it a try but looking at the K2 ROM help file the only attribute for an email address is Email (K2.ActivityInstanceDestination.User.Email). Could you expand on what class etc. you are using?

Many thanks :)