Workflow for Nintex for o365 for a 3rd list based on other two lists.

Badge +2

I am having  3 lists A,B,C with 3 forms A form, B form and the C form and now i am looking up some columns from A and B lists to C list and then created 100 items.

Now i am updating the columns in A and B and again creating the new items In C and so new items will be having the updated column values only.

But How to run a workflow on C for the existing and already created items in C ? is it possible to run a workflow every time whenever something gets changed in lists A and B.

I am using Nintex for o365.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

So, every time you create an item in List A or List B, you want to duplicate that item into List C? As well as every time something is updated in A or B, you want it to update the appropriate item in C? What is the purpose of list C? Is it combining things from A and B? If an item, say item 1 exists in List A, will it always have a counterpart in List B? If it does not, what does List C do?

It is possible to have a workflow run on List A and List B on modification and on item creation that can update or create items in List C, but I need to understand more about your use case to help further.

Badge +2

Courtney Vargo

Thanks for the reply. Its not getting duplicated.For suppose list A and B had 10 columns each and now the list C is using these 20 columns as a lookup in the third form and say 100 items are created. Now the 10 columns in list A and B are updated with different values and saved and again new items are created in List C again.

My question is how to update the existing or already created items in List C with updated values in List A and B.If it's a workflow to be written in List A and List B, please let me know how the workflow gets triggered for the existing items ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Are these lookup columns or lookup controls on the actual form? Or something else?

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply..Courtney....

I had given the screenshots for the lists for clear explanation of the issue.

• In Division name list Company name is the field which is getting looked up in Company name list.
  • In Account list Division name and mailing address are being looked up from Division name list and Company name and account no from the company list.
  • If you look in Account list there are already 2 items.
  • If suppose i edit the value of "Division name" in Division name list and create a new item in account list item will be created with the updated new value.
  • So now how do we write a workflow for the existing  2 items in the account list to be updated with the new value of division name. 
  • Imagine if i am having many items i cannot manually edit and save the item to get updated.

Hope you are getting my question..

Company list

Division list

Account list