Workflow connetion Issue : The user name is invalid or does not exist

• 1 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a Workflow in a list with an update item permissions action.  This action always return an error:

292iB8222D4639A2B16F.png

I have the same connection, with the same credential in other site collection and run perfectly. The only difference that I see is in the connection we can specify " The site collection"  and in the connection that I have the issue, is not possible

294i7CFBA0205B884317.png

The user of the connection and me, are a collection administrator.  Maybe I need to configure something that I have forgotten? 

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hi,

have you tried to create another connection in the site, where it doesn't work? So not to use the one that doesn't work, but another one. I think you might have created the connection only for that specific site (where it works). Also, if you go to the site where that connection works, can you change its scope to the "This site collection"?

Regards,
Tomasz

In the collection of sites where it does not work, we have tried to create a new connection, and we can not choose to apply in the collection, we can only choose to apply on the site.

In the collection of sites where it works,  we can choose to apply the connection on the site or in the collection. If we create a new connection here, we can also choose where to apply it.

We have tried to look for differences between the configuration of a collection and another one but we have not found.