Solved

Workflow Suspended at Assign a Task

• 19 July 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I've created a simple workflow where a user submits a form and it goes through a few "assign a task" actions to get approval. However the workflow is getting suspended after the first task is created with the below error: 

"Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled after 19/07/2017 11:10 a.m.. Details of last request: HTTP NotFound to https://kotahi.sharepoint.com/KotahiMe/_api/web/lists(guid'633133d8-5aa3-46c0-9d45-56c66a658ffe')/Items(39)?%24select=ID%2CStatus Correlation Id: 55b0f602-2ed7-3014-af5c-d5edecec0902 Instance Id: c454a685-b570-48c4-94df-005dfae15c43 

Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."

The person who is assigned the task has contribute permission to the item and can approve the task (even their comments added to the item) but the workflow doesn't continue past that action.

Appreciate any help 

Thanks,

Jesse

icon

Best answer by callum 19 July 2017, 02:13

View original

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi Jesse,

When the workflow runs and makes requests into SharePoint, it does so as the initiator of the workflow. Do you know if task with that ID definitely exists, and also that the initiator has access to see the task? If you use a permission action to remove other people's access to the task, this can be the cause of an error like this (as the initiator/workflow loses the ability to see or update the task item).

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks

Callum

Badge +3

Thanks Callum. I thought I had removed all the permission actions but there was one running on the task. Looks to be working now.