Solved

WorkFlow context Manager properties

• 27 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have to get the manager display name and email from the WF initiator.

I'm trying to use the WorkFlow context properties "Manager display name" and "Manager email address" we're getting empty strings on those properties.

Is there a need to crawl de People properties to get those values?

Additionally I tried to get those values by using the O365 Query User Profiles, but the email address that i need to properly get the manager it is not the same than the email address on the "initiator email address" from the WorkFlow Context properties. Is there any way to achieve that without using RestAPI?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 29 October 2017, 19:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Please, check first using User Profiles REST API and find the key named: "Manager", whether it is filled in:

You can as well go to the Azure Active Directory, and check there if that person has a manager defined:

If in AAD something is inserted into Manager ID, but in user profile the information is empty, then maybe sth is not syncing between AAD and SPO. 

Also - that test with REST API do using the account whose credentials has a user running the workflow. May it be, that the user has no permissions to read user profiles

Regards,

Tomasz

Thanks Tomasz!

Finally and without doing anything the manager appeared.

It was unexpected because MS guarantees an UPA syncronization every 24 hours, but after 36 hours it wasn't still displayed.

I tested this morning all the resolutions you provided and finally I saw that since that morning the UPA was succesfully synced.

Regards,

Marc

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad to hear that. Please mark then one from the answers as "correct"  It can be yours too

Regards,

Tomasz