An error has occurred

• 8 September 2010
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently implementing a K2 process that uses the SQL Server Service that maps a database table.

However an error has started to appear to me in the K2 Studio Designer for Visual Studio.

It appears when I create new SmartObject Event and map the Create method to the SmartObject Method field, in the wizard a popup appears with the following description:

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

Details:

mscorlib

at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.SmartObjectFieldPart.get_Description()

at SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.Controls.K2TextBoxBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseMoveThunk(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.ContentElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseDevice.Synchronize()

at System.Windows.Input.MouseDevice.PostProcessInput(Object sender, ProcessInputEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)

at System.Windows.Window.Show()

at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()

at SourceCode.Workflow.DesignerFramework.WizardHost.Run()

at SourceCode.Workflow.VisualDesigners.ProcessDesigner.RunWizard(IPropertyWizard[] wizardsToRun, Object[] wizardsInitializeArguments, IK2Object[] parents, Boolean delayedRun, Point dropPoint, Boolean mustCanConfigureInstance, Boolean showPropertiesOnNoGUI)

I don't know if this is the indicated forum to post this kind of problems, I hope you can help me sort this out or at least point me to where can I submit this problems.

Thanks in advance

Eduardo

1 reply

Badge +1

Just to provide some more information on this issue:

I've downloaded and installed the Dynamic SQL Service from:

http://www.k2underground.com/groups/dynamic_sql_service_the_original/default.aspx

This caused the previous error to cease occuring, now I can configure the create method on the smart object event.

However, when my process reaches that point it stops with the following error:

Message: Incorrect syntax near 'f2'.; ServiceName: SQLService; ServiceGuid: 5a6ccb2c-9bc2-436e-9cad-c654c8f4071d; InnerExceptionMessage: ; 

I've checked and the ServiceGuid is from the ServiceObject instance that wraps my database.

I believe this is caused by Guids that I try to insert.

Can anybody help me in this issue? How do you write stuff to a SQL server within your process?

Thanks

Eduardo