Why is my Query List date field returning data that includes the column name?

• 8 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

I have a Query List action on a SharePoint Date field that IS set to Date Only in SharePoint, but when the workflow runs, the date is returned looking like this for each date:

{"Monday_x0020_Reminder_x0020_Date":"2018-11-07T08:00:00Z"}   The column name is "Monday Reminder Date" -- why is that included? And also the time is included as you can see. How can I get it to export dates in this format: 2018-11-07; 2018-11-08;2018-11-09, etc. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Mark,

there are two options how data can be retrieved. You can query data and store the queried data of one or multiple columns in just one variable. This is the default setting single output.

The result will be a JSON that includes the queried columns and their values in one variable.

You can also query data per column and store the result in a separate variable for each column. This is done by setting the output type to Separate output per column. This setup should result in a collection variable of just the dates.

Can you try this?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +9

Hi Mark, 

If Enrico's solution fixed the issue, can you please mark Enrico's response as the correct answer? 

Thank you,

Sean

Badge +6

Hello Sean- I have not been able to get this working as of yet, but have run into publishing issues now. I should have it back up and running soon and I will, of course, confirm here if Enrico's solution works for me or not. Thanks

Mark