Why does my List Lookup control work correctly in new mode and display mode but fails to load saved vlookup or allow new vlookup in edit mode?

• 19 January 2017
  • 7 replies

I have a list lookup form control that is looks up a string in another form based on whether the User entered into the form is the same as the User in the lookup list.

This control works GREAT in New Mode and in Display Mode (it shows up as a hyperlink of the string, linked to the other List). However, in Edit Mode it displays the User but NO lookup value, and if you re-enter the User OR a new User, nothing displays! I am very frustrated and have spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out.

Here is a screenshot of the lookup settings:

And one of how it fails in Edit Mode:

Help?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

There was a glitch introduced a few versions back where this functionality would break when an item was removed from the list that the list lookup control was referencing.   What version of Nintex Forms are you currently on as this could be the reasoning?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

It looks like I am on Nintex Forms for Office 365 App Version NFO 1.2.3.0 (copyright 2013) - is there a newer version? I had assumed 365 would auto update the version?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello, I was refering to on-prem (sorry didn't realize you were in the cloud).

Specifically this issue which appears to be fixed in this latest release (for anyone else reading this):

Product version: 2.9.4.0

Release date: 19th January 2017

• Fixed an issue where an error may be retuned on a Lookup control after an item has been deleted (00121862; 00125640)
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello ‌! Did Mike's answer help you to solve your issue? Can you mark it as correct? Or have you found a better solution you could share with us?

Regards,

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz Poszytek

‌'s answer applies to updating the desktop client. He mentioned it did not apply to me since I am in the cloud - unless for some reason my cloud version is lagging behind on updates? This is still an active issue for me.

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hello Robin, 

I'm facing the same issue, did you found a solution please? 

Thanks!

Kawtar

Hi

Sorry for the late response, I did not find a solution.

Robin