cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Where are Inline Functions on nintex 365 ?

Jump to solution

Where are Inline Functions on nintex 365 ?

I dont see the inline functions in nintex for O365 in the Build String component ..

Thanks!!

Labels: (1)
21 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Where are Inline Functions on nintex 365 ?

Jump to solution

Hey Sergio,

Inline functions are not in the Build String action for Nintex Workflow O365 at the moment. There are plans to include them, however the best way to do this is currently being investigated. Watch this space.

Em

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Almost a year later... Any progress on this?

westerdaled
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ditto  Jon.  Nintex, what are we supposed to do now.... jQuery

Daniel

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

‌ if you find out how to call jQuery from Nintex workflow I will glorify you

westerdaled
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Tomasz

Ha ha, I don't do it for the glory; I do it to spend hours arranging pretty boxes on a screen and like Jenga, watch them fall down when I attempt to publish ;-)

Ok seriously accessing jquery is straight forward:

You just need to make sure you set  the client Id from the named control or column.  Remember you can test a lot of this outside the confines of nintex with say jsFiddler and or, edit your code in Visual studio code ( and paste into Nintex) .  We found JavaScript to be a pain to maintain so use sparingly or try to use only  calc fields instead.

NWF$(document).ready(function (){ 

/* alert("form ready") ; */

var calcEmailId = NWF$("#"+varCalcEmailId);

calcEmailId.change(function(){

/* easy test display the value */

alert(calcEmailId.val()) ;

});  ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Rrright... But this way you can call JavaScript from the Nintex Form. I'm still trying to figure out if this is possible to call JavaScript from the Workflow itself, using... an action

westerdaled
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Tomasz Poszytek‌ I see your issue but JavaScript is essentially client side .   I wonder if the best approach maybe use a REST call to an endpoint in SharePoint or a custom service you define outside SharePoint; assuming you've already had a play with the String Builder Action in the workflow.  As with everything in Nintex is the effort involved going to be reflected in the perceived reward from a user / business perspective.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I know what you're saying and yes - if it is possible to call REST endpoints it's usually a piece of cake. But I have already faced situations, caused by lack of counterparts for actions between on-premises and O365, when I thought it would be really great to write a function in javascript and just use it inside the workflow. But.. that would require Nintex to simulate browser what would be highly inefficient

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Would love to have an update on this. Just started using O365 workflow, need to use fn-PadLeft and ... seems to not work.  Not sure what to do now.