cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are the possible reasons for [InputUserName] : Invalid Email Address resulting in suspended workflow?

Hi,

I am faced with the following error message which is logged to the Workflow History by the system:

Some parameters failed the validation check.

- [InputUserName] : Invalid email address.

This happens when one of the following Nintex Actions are used:

Office 365 create site

Office 365 create navigation

Office 365 create list item or document set

The error follows the usage of email address and password where Site Owner matches the below mentioned email address:

_sp2013workflow@test.net

$xxxxx

It does not matter if this action runs inside and App Step, the same error is seen.

Let's take a practical example using Action Office 365 create site.

The above mentioned error is seen in the Workflow History and the workflow is suspended.

However when I keep the Site Owner as _sp2013workflow@test.net and use a different Username and Password:

I no longer get the error, BUT, the Site Owner is successfully added to the newly created site and therefore must indicate that _sp2013workflow@test.net is a valid email address? I am positive that when using the _sp2013workflow@test.net username and password in the first instance they were configured correctly - I suspect some other issue?

Looking forward to responses and discussion :-)

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: What are the possible reasons for [InputUserName] : Invalid Email Address resulting in suspended workflow?

Hi Duane Stavropoulos​,

Could you try with any other site owner email address which not started with "_" ?

Example: "sp2013workflow@test.net".

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: What are the possible reasons for [InputUserName] : Invalid Email Address resulting in suspended workflow?

Hi KuanChiang,

I have tested with speirst@test.net<mailto:speirst@test.net>, this works fine.

The action “Web Request” is working correctly with the username sp2013workflow@test.net<mailto:sp2013workflow@test.net>, so I’m not sure why it doesn’t work with the above mentioned Actions….? Maybe those actions are evaluating/validating the email address differently?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I have now established that up until now, I have been passing in the Login name as the username. I found that the email address associated with _sp2013workflow@test.net is _SP203WorkFlow which is not valid (I sent a test email to it and it bounced!).

1. What is the expected input to the username field (Login/Display Name or Email address)?

2. Many of the Nintex Actions require Username and Password, why do some actions do email validation e.g.

Office 365 create site

Office 365 create navigation

Office 365 create list item or document set

3. Why does the Web Request action take the username and password, but not validate the email address?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

1 & 2. Office 365 XXXXXX" actions are required to provide username (Email Address) and password for authentication.

3. Web Request does not validate it because the username could be email address or others (Example: domain\username), it depends on the request endpoint URL

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

It seems as though the issue was that the email address associated with the username was a "shared" mail box!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Duane,

Your conclusion is correct. The following post may explain this more: Re: Nintex Workflow - Email notification not working with Dynamic Distro Groups

If you're having issues with sending an email to a particular user your best bet is to test to see if sharepoint designer workflows can send emails to these accounts. This will verify if sharepoint online allows you to email this user.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

Accept as Solution Reply