Error with MOSS Integration Tutorial

• 6 December 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Ok, we built/deployed a solution exactly described in the tutorial, uploaded a document, status in MOSS says worklfow started, mail is sent, however nothing ever appears in the worklist.  Looking in the workspace, we can see the process instance as "active", however the worklist is totally blank with no filter.  The following two errors appear in the K2 server event log, any ideas?:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: K2 SharePoint Workflow Integration
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  12/5/2007
Time:  10:52:44 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: HCM23
Description:
[SharePointIntegrationServices:SetWFIntegrationDataFields], System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.SharePointServiceFunctions.UpdateProcessInstance(ProcessInstance processInstance, String SPIntData)

Event Type: Error
Event Source: K2 SharePoint Workflow Integration
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  12/5/2007
Time:  10:52:44 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: HCM23
Description:
[SharePointIntegrationServices::SetDataFields], System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.SharePointServiceFunctions.SetDataFields(ProcessInstance procInst, String metadatadetail)

4 replies

Badge +10
I will ask around some on this one and post back
Badge +3
I just fixed it..  Seems like the k2 service account being site collection administrator wasn't enough (this was set via the k2administration tab and verified in the site settings)..  I had to explicitly give the account full control of the site, and then the workflow proceeded as normal.  The errors I posted certainly didn't lead me to believe it was a permission problem, the only hint I got as an error in the Sharepoint log saying that something had attempted to perform an unauthorized modification on the workflow.
Badge +10
Awesome, sorry about the trouble but glad it is working out
Badge +4

Hi JasonR,

By any change you were getting something like this?

I'm having this issue when opening the K2 studio.

Thank in advance.

kvtm

14971i87B15947347D7443.png