cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

I am attempting to use Google's API through an O365 Web Request to do some geocode translation. I've been able to reproduce a similar implementation using Nintex Workflows for SharePoint 2013 (on-prem) but am having trouble with O365.

This is the error my Web Request action is producing:

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 12.59.53 PM.png

"Some parameters failed the validation check. - [InputFileContent] : The parameter or the parameter value is null.

If you take a look at the below URL, it returns the XML data I'm needing so I'm not sure why doing so within the context of Nintex is giving me so much trouble and am hoping it's something minor I'm missing. Any ideas?

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?latlng=34.7553595,-86.6945471&key=AIzaSyC2XrDaswnI7...

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 1.04.24 PM.png

Vadim TabakmanBrad Orluk

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
7 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

I took that same url and tried it in a workflow and it seemed to work fine.  I got the expected results back.

Could it be the way you are building up the url?  Maybe there are some spaces in some fields?

Vadim

Reply
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Did you try within O365?

I was able to make this work with on-prem, but not with the Web Request control in O365.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Reply
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Yep in O365.

I've attached the workflow here.

View solution in original post

Reply
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Thanks Vadim Tabakman​ – I really appreciate the help! Let me give this workflow a try and see if this gets me past my impediment.

I was pasting in the URL, but had actually pulled out all of the dynamic components for the API key and coordinates so I don't believe that was causing the problem.

Reply
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Vadim Tabakman​ Although I thought I had tried each possible configuration, setting up the Web Request control as a GET solved my issue. Thank you sir!

0 Kudos
Reply
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Oh nice one.  Glad you figured out what it was.

When I was testing it today, I almost made it a POST, because that's what I thought it would be.

Vadim

0 Kudos
Reply
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Web Request Action Error – Office 365 (using Google API)

Jump to solution

Haha that was my instinct as well with what I've done before with ajax so I think I just overlooked it. I was comparing it to the UDA you and Brad Orluk​ shared a while back and I believe it was setup as a post for the on-prem solution.

Thanks for helping me resolve this one Vadim Tabakman!

Reply