Solved

Value Cannot be Null. Parameter name: Source

• 14 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Has anyone seen this error: Value Cannot be Null. Parameter name: Source.  I had  a working form and workflow that did not allow for management of content, all content was ITEMs.  I turned on manage content and then created a new field and modified the contents.  I wasn't able to do what I needed to do so I deleted the field from the list, the form and removed the management of content and get the error: Value Cannot be Null. Parameter name: Source and also have a bunch of list items I didn't have before!  Any ideas on how to fix this would be hugely helpful!

I don't want to go the nuclear and recreate the list, WF and Form, but fear I may have to  :-(

icon

Best answer by faulchie 18 July 2019, 20:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hello @faulchie 

When is the error thrown? Is it when you publish/design or through runtime?

In the form, do you have any lookups? If so, can you go ahead and reconfigure the lookups?

HI @buenm ,

I actually resolved this, but just take an old instance of the list and workflow and recreating it on another SharePoint site.  I have since deleted the WF and lists from the old site since I migrated everything.

In any event, the error was thrown when trying to approve, so accessing a task from to approve the request.  I can create new items to the list via Nintex, but the WF part where approvers approve is where the error is thrown.  There lookups in the form, but none of that was changed.

Sorry I can't give any more help and I don't want to try to recreate the problem since I also went to my sharepoint and nintex teams internally and neither were able to help me resolve so I don't want to break/attempted to break my WF again.