Nintex Mobile View

• 26 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  1. Is there any way i can simulate the nintex mobile view in desktop browser, so that i can easily inspect the form element?
  2. How can i hide the top menu bar (blue bar on top)? When in nintex mobile design form it does not show but after publish the form, the bar show in the real mobile devices. I want to hide the bar to prevent user to navigate to other places.

Screen shot of real device in mobile iphone safari browser

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

is this Nintex Forms 2010 you're using?

You can't simulate mobile view in your desktop browser as classic Nintex Forms aren't responsive. Closest point to come to is creating a Smartphone Layout in the Layouts pane (screenshot is from 2013 but the function should be the same)

208562_pastedImage_1.png

Did you already do that?

I'm not sure if you can hide the top area as it belongs to SharePoint. But did you consider using the Nintex Mobile App? It let's you create dedicated mobile forms and also won't show the top area. Also it's free. Maybe you can give it a shot.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Hi,

• Closest point to come to is creating a Smartphone Layout in the Layouts pane> Ya already try this but it doesn't look perfect on different devices (eg. got big space in iphone but not in android). And also anywhere i can do the mobile layout for phone in landscape mode?
  • I'm using Nintex Sharepoint Foundation 2013. I've read about the latest update related Nintex Responsive Form Design. Is Foundation 2013 able to integrate with this new feature?
  • Currently not considering Nintex Mobile App yet. If user want to use the Nintex Mobile App's form, is it need to be download and install on mobile as like other app we get from appstore?
  • Is there any part in the Nintex Form able to insert a whole new HTML page?I wish to write my own HTML page and inject inside the form and includes .CSS file. Thinking not to use the drag and drop control provided by Nintex 
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

In classic forms you won't have a dedicated landscape mode as the forms are not responsive.

But if you're using SharePoint 2013 I suggest you update to the latest Nintex Forms version which brings responsive forms. It's also applicable to SharePoint 2013 Standard edition. I expect that responsive forms behave much more like you expect it.

The free Nintex Mobile App needs to be downloaded by each user. The enterprise edition however can be distributed to your colleagues by Mobile Device Management (MDM) automatically.

I'm not sure if I understood your last question. In general you can insert any CSS or JS includes but you can't replace the whole overall form. However you can create a Nintex Live form which will be held in Nintex cloud rather than in SharePoint which allows you to insert the plain form without any other stuff into your webpage or whereever.

Best regards

Enrico