cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using SharePointe List with Nintex Run Parallel Action

Jump to solution

I have a situation here where I created a list in SharePoint for my Nintex Workflow purpose. The Nintex workflow comprises of a Run Parallel action where different users will receive request for data and afterwards task are assigned. The challenge I am currently facing here is that once a user access the list , others cannot (here leading to a one sided workflow). How can I use a SharePoint list effectively with a run parallel actions in nintex? In the attached, you will see how one sided it is. Even though I completed the task for the first Request data(In yellow), It is showing as pending.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Using SharePointe List with Nintex Run Parallel Action

Jump to solution

Hi,

From the help, you can read for the Run Parallel Action:

There is no configuration required for this workflow action. However, it is important to note that the workflow will not continue until all workflow paths have been completed.

Maybe this post can help

Regards,

Christophe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, Christophe. I think the answer I was looking for was how to use a SharePoint List in Nintex workflow ( Run parallel action). If you open up the attachment on the post you will see a run parralle action that contains identical branches. The workflow begins when an item is created in Share Pointe. For the scenario, the item I am talking about is the SharePoint List. The issue I am having here is that once I edited the form/ list for the left branch (Under Request Data), I couldn't do that for the right branch because the workflow was treating left branch and the right branch as one list. Please let me know if you have questions.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi,

What I understand is that you create two items.

If there are created in the same SharePoint list or two different SharePoint list does not matter.

Both branches must be completed before the workflow continues.

So on the left branch, the user needs to fill the requested data

Anyway, I do not understand your sentence

"I couldn't do that for the right branch because the workflow was treating left branch and the right branch as one list"

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Your last comment got me thinking and I had to do some more research but I am still having the same issue. One branch is working while the other branch is not (well the create items works and I get the initial notification for request data). What am I doing wrong?

To give you a little background, I created my work flow withing the list (Work Flow Settings-> Create a Workflow in Nintex Workflow)

After the design, I set the workflow to start when items are created.

I will appreciate any form of guidance.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am new to SharePoint and Nintex, so I am a newbie here, but I have learned a lot by reading post here.

Here are my questions (I like to use real world examples):

1. Are you requesting data from 2 users, say for a proposal?

- Not sure how to help you, Sorry.

2. Are you requesting Approval on the data that was created in the list?

- If so then you only need a assign task to 2 users and configure your assignee options.

- You do not need a parallel action for this.

3. Is this in On Prem as I am in O365, which they are very different.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sorry I am on the older version. Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos