cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Repeating Section Data guide

Hi,

There are plenty of posts around for both on-prem and 365 around dealing with data generated from a repeating section, but I'm still horribly confused on how to achieve it.

The detailed ones I can find with steps, are all written for OP with actions that aren't available in 365 and discussions for 365 basically entail generic suggestions which assume the poster is 95% of the way there.

Does anyone know of a step by step guide that someone may have written anywhere that's designed for 365?

8 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Using Repeating Section Data guide

I agree with you 100%. I would love this. Like you, I've read plenty on how this can be done, including:

http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-formsworkflow-parsing-repeating-section-data.aspx

https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2015/03/31/dictionary-part-2-query-xml-results...

I would love it if Vadim Tabakman would post a similar blog on the topic, providing the excellent examples he provided for the on-prem community! It would allow many of us to take Nintex to new heights in our organizations.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hoped it wasn't just me!

I've read both links but can't translate it to 365.

I have a new form and workflow about to be into PROD but I'm going to have to tell the requestor how to interpret the XML dump to get the info out they need until I can figure it out.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm on vacation people..   Do you think I live and breathe Nintex????  Really?? ok, so you're right.

Here is a post I whipped up. Don't tell my grandson.  I hope it helps you guys out.  Nintex Workflow - Parsing Nintex Forms Repeating Section in Office 365 - Vadim Tabakman

Have a good one y'all

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Vadim Tabakman​ You're the man! I'll test it out later today!

Very much appreciated. Apologies to your grandson.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

haha no worries.  I've been meaning to put something like this together for a while.

Hope it's helpful to everyone. Let me know if there's something that doesn't make sense.  I put it together pretty quick.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Vadim Tabakman, you are no where near old enough to have a grandson... And I can say that cause I am no where near old enough to have a granddaughter. :-)

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks Vadim,

That really demystifies it for me.

Just one question for you or someone else who sees this, I have two "single line of text" fields in my rep section.

When I do the For Each and ask it to update the list column, it just does the last line. if I have the repeating text field with 3 entries with A, B and C as the text in the 3 lines, it just shows C in the list. How can I get it to append? I even changed the column to a multi-line but still doesn't work.

Cheers....

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Shall we mark this grandbaby as "assumed answered," or would you like to pick a correct answer, Aaron Webb​?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply