obtain data from page

Badge +2

i've created a custom page that can take in input to filter a list and only display items that fulfill that filters

because i'm going to need to export that data into a csv file, i need to obtain the inputs that __the user__ keyed in to pass to the workflow that will start the process of triggering the data export

how can the workflow obtain data that was entered into the page?

the data was entered into sharepoint's web-part. i am using a choice filter web-part and 2 date filter web-parts (from date and to date) to filter the data

4 replies

Badge +8

Instead of doing it on a page, do it on a Nintex form. Save the user keyed data to a column and use that in your workflow to filter with.

On the form use the "List View" control. You can set up the filter in the control to use the same column field that you're saving.

Badge +1
1. Set the workflow to run manually and create variables that would be displayed on the Start Form.
2. Then use nintex Forms to edit the Workflow Start Form and have it populate default values from querystring parameters
3. From your list Form, you can then create a hyperlink using calculated value control to pass in the appropriate values from the user input.
Badge +2

@nj if i'm understanding you correctly, that just saves the inputs to a list through a workflow. but nintex forms are not able to display lists (filtered or not) on the form page, or am i just missing something?

@spSam similar to nj, i would not be able to display the filtered view before the actual exporting of the filtered data

Badge +2
is it possible to get the data from the web part and pass it somewhere? anywhere? preferably a list?