Solved

Using DocuSign Connector actions with multiple signers

I am using the DocuSign (DS) populate template action, retrieve envelope status and download
document actions. The WF is working great.

• Begins by populating a  SharePoint list
  • Send document offer letter to candidate
  • Candidate reviews, signs and submits document
  • WF poles DS waiting for document to be complete
  • One document is complete and returned to DS the DS Download Document action grabs the doc and puts it
         in an SP doc lib.

This all works well and is very cool.

The part that I have not figured out yet is how to have the Recruiter (the one who sends the
document to the Candidate) sign the document after the candidate has signed and
returned the document but before the WF grabs the document and puts it in SP.

It is working great when I have only one signature, ie. that of the recipient, the person I am
sending the contract to.

icon

Best answer by alexv1 13 March 2016, 09:10

View original

10 replies

Badge +8

Are you guys using a template to do it? I am going to need to do the same thing and it seems like there is way on the template...

Have a good day,

Jennifer

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

Been playing around with a WF doing multiple signatures, I needed 2 for an NDA. So this is what I did...

1. Create a NDA docx template.

2. Upload it to DocuSign and configure the tags

3. In the workflow send it out for the external signature (#1) using Send Envelope

4. Download it after it has been signed in the workflow.

5. Use the action DocuSign Send Document (pdf) for internal signature (#2)

6. Download it after the internal user has done an ad-hoc signature (no template)

7. Overwrite the download from step #4 in the doc lib, this version now has both signatures

8. Email the final pdf to the external signer with both signatures.

9. Done

I figured the template is needed for external signatures to insure they fill the form out correctly. The internal users know that to do because they will be doing it all the time ;-)  You would need the Business license because you are using one call for every signature.

DocuSign: Pricing | DocuSign

Badge +7

thank you for giving your own workaround.

I have ben trying several ways but ended up to the same conclusion : DocuSign actions do not let more than one recipient, which is quite a shame.

I am also trying to use the REST API but this is a different cost too. DocuSign

Badge +3

I was just Googling around to see if DocuSign would be a better solution in a document approval workflow that I am building for a client than what I am currently testing but If I cant have multiple signers than it is definitely a no-go.

What I am currently doing that works fine is using the document generation action to build my pdf based off of a Nintex form then using the Adobe Sign action to get my signatures. With Adobe sign you can have multiple signers and send to them serially or in parallel. There is an outcome as well if someone declines to sign or if the document expires.

There were a couple of minute things I didn't like about Adobe sign and I was hoping that DocuSign would be a better fit but apparently not (based on this thread).... I can't capture rejection comments and I can't have a signature line placeholder in the template (as far as I can tell).

Badge +5

I've been looking into both DocuSign and Adobe. DocuSign is a better priced solution, less confusing and more user friendly. Sadly the Adobe connector seems to be a lot more functional as ‌ mentioned above.

‌ any idea if the DocuSign connector will eventually allow more recipients? And have automated status responses instead of having to loop?

Badge +5

Found this, docusign – Customer Feedback for Nintex  go and up vote people  

Hi ‌, 

I'd love to understand better what aspects of Adobe Sign you found less user friendly. Certainly, as it relates to Nintex, there is a lot more flexibility with Adobe, but I'd love to understand and help if I can.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Pieter Venstra also posted his solution (using REST). Haven't tried it but it looks promising: SharePoint – DocuSign – How to implement electronic signatures within a Nintex workflow with DocuSign – SharePains 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

And another one (this time using o365 as an example): Nintex DocSign Enable Multiple Recipients | reshmeeauckloo 

Badge +5

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the slow reply, I need to update my email address for the forum .

I find Adobe Sign to be quite a clunky interface in general (the actual product, not the connector to SharePoint) - it feels a bit old fashioned and hard to get around. 

DocuSign on the other hand is very simple, clean and easy to use. To be fair though, Adobe probably has a lot more functionality that needs to be fit into a screen and has been around longer so has likely dragged old style thinking around interfaces into the latest software.

Sorry not much detail there, would take a lot of analysis to get into the crux of what makes one interface more usable than the other. 

Kind regards,

Rebecca