Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lnordlinger
Nintex Newbie

Using DocuSign Connector actions with multiple signers

Jump to solution

I am using the DocuSign (DS) populate template action, retrieve envelope status and download
document actions. The WF is working great.

• Begins by populating a  SharePoint list
  • Send document offer letter to candidate
  • Candidate reviews, signs and submits document
  • WF poles DS waiting for document to be complete
  • One document is complete and returned to DS the DS Download Document action grabs the doc and puts it
         in an SP doc lib.

This all works well and is very cool.

The part that I have not figured out yet is how to have the Recruiter (the one who sends the
document to the Candidate) sign the document after the candidate has signed and
returned the document but before the WF grabs the document and puts it in SP.

It is working great when I have only one signature, ie. that of the recipient, the person I am
sending the contract to.

13 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Using DocuSign Connector actions with multiple signers

Jump to solution

HI Larry Nordlinger​,

I'm not familiar with DocuSign, however, on their web site i saw the following in the video:

- Apparently you can create a template for these DocuSigns and specify default recipients.

My guess is that you also have to get the Recruiter to sign it before DS completes and the workflow continues.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Larry,

I have the same issue as you, as I tried to create multiple signers. For the moment, the only solution I found was to set the recruiter's name in DocuSign directly  as it is not yet possible to send to multiple signer dynamically through Nintex Action. Even with injection with collection, it is not possible...

jwiskema
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Are you guys using a template to do it? I am going to need to do the same thing and it seems like there is way on the template...

Have a good day,

Jennifer

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Larry Nordlinger​, any of these solutions work for you? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
alexv1
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Been playing around with a WF doing multiple signatures, I needed 2 for an NDA. So this is what I did...

1. Create a NDA docx template.

2. Upload it to DocuSign and configure the tags

3. In the workflow send it out for the external signature (#1) using Send Envelope

4. Download it after it has been signed in the workflow.

5. Use the action DocuSign Send Document (pdf) for internal signature (#2)

6. Download it after the internal user has done an ad-hoc signature (no template)

7. Overwrite the download from step #4 in the doc lib, this version now has both signatures

8. Email the final pdf to the external signer with both signatures.

9. Done

I figured the template is needed for external signatures to insure they fill the form out correctly. The internal users know that to do because they will be doing it all the time ;-)  You would need the Business license because you are using one call for every signature.

DocuSign: Pricing | DocuSign

sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

thank you for giving your own workaround.

I have ben trying several ways but ended up to the same conclusion : DocuSign actions do not let more than one recipient, which is quite a shame.

I am also trying to use the REST API but this is a different cost too. DocuSign

rstrole
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I was just Googling around to see if DocuSign would be a better solution in a document approval workflow that I am building for a client than what I am currently testing but If I cant have multiple signers than it is definitely a no-go.

What I am currently doing that works fine is using the document generation action to build my pdf based off of a Nintex form then using the Adobe Sign action to get my signatures. With Adobe sign you can have multiple signers and send to them serially or in parallel. There is an outcome as well if someone declines to sign or if the document expires.

There were a couple of minute things I didn't like about Adobe sign and I was hoping that DocuSign would be a better fit but apparently not (based on this thread).... I can't capture rejection comments and I can't have a signature line placeholder in the template (as far as I can tell).

rebecca_gordon
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I've been looking into both DocuSign and Adobe. DocuSign is a better priced solution, less confusing and more user friendly. Sadly the Adobe connector seems to be a lot more functional as ‌ mentioned above.

‌ any idea if the DocuSign connector will eventually allow more recipients? And have automated status responses instead of having to loop?

rebecca_gordon
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Found this, docusign – Customer Feedback for Nintex  go and up vote people  

0 Kudos