cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Use one form in multiple site/lists

Jump to solution

So the idea here it that I will have multiple lists in several sites/sub-sites and since these lists are all the same I would like to only edit a Nintex Forms once and apply to all lists.

It's the equivalent of using Content Type Hub for Content Types, and Nintex Workflow UDA, but I cannot see such equivalent in Nintex Forms for Office365.

Any idea? please share.

Labels: (1)
11 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Use one form in multiple site/lists

Jump to solution

So far you can export the form with new changes and import it an all other lists.

View solution in original post

sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks, sure I thought of that which means that if I have 50 project sites it's 50 import of that same form.

Just thought there would be a better way.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

WOW, Job Security I guess!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Francois,

Maybe you can create a Custom Site Content Type and then design a Nintex Form for that site content type. Then have all your lists inherit from that site content type and set that custom content type as your default content type. This will solve your issue of importing the form into each list. If you would like the steps to do that, reach out to me, Ill be more than glad to help you.

Thanks

Jeremy

sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

You are offering me to 1st design a "Nintex Form for that site content type" and not for a list or library.

Unless you are referring to a new feature I can see from experience that Nintex Forms for Office 365 (and on-prem actually) allows you to design only in a list or library, but please elaborate here.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Francois,

My bad, this suggestion will only work for Nintex Forms 2013 as the functionality has not been implemented in Office 365 yet. To achieve that in Nintex Forms 2013, follow the steps as outlined below:

1. Go to Site Settings > Site Content Type. Create a new Custom Content Type. You can inherit of a Item           Content Type.

2. The Go to Settings > Edit With Nintex Forms as shown below:

Answer1.jpg

3. Design your Form. Then hit Publish.

4. Create another list and add this Custom Content Type as your default Content Type of the list. Save your       setting. Then try to add a new item, you should be presented with the newly designed Nintex Form.

Give it a try and let me know how you go. If you are using Nintex Forms for Office 365, then you have no choice but to import the form into the lists as needed. The feature will be coming in as we bridge our gap on parity between both the products.

Hope this works out for you.

Thanks

Jeremy

sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thought so.

This thread is about Office365, so don't add on-prem information here (otherwise Emily Billing​ may move it ;-)

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ha ha. Sorry mate. Got over excited in answering your question But at least you learnt some tricks on Nintex Forms 2013. Will keep you posted when this is available in Nintex Forms for Office 365.

Thanks

Jeremy

sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

definitely, I used it in 2013 before and it really good you mention that it "may be" on its way for Office 365. thanks