Solved

Unauthorized request for connection in o365 action

• 14 March 2018
  • 7 replies

I'm using the new connection functionality, but I always get the same result: "Unauthorized connection request"

He chose to simplify everything and have him only update an item (with the action of o365).

• The users that launch the workflow of the test the administrators of the collection.
  • The user who created the connection is the administrator of the collection

The WF: 

213866_pastedImage_2.png

The connection: 

213867_pastedImage_3.png

The result: 

213868_pastedImage_4.png

213869_pastedImage_5.png

Do I have to activate something? Should I do some additional configuration?

icon

Best answer by sakhatri 20 March 2018, 12:51

View original

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi Mirian Raquel‌,

The above issue might be due to the incorrect SharePoint Online Tenant URL , make sure it is in this format - https://tenant.sharepoint.com/

Regards,

Saud Khatri

Badge +1

Hi Saud Khatri‌,

I am also having this issue, URL is already formatted as suggested:

Older actions in other workflows that do not use credentials manager are still working.

Currently I am trying to terminate a workflow, but this action usually returns ServiceNoResponse instantly (took a few minutes to fail on one attempt).

I configured this connection using Chrome. Initially I tried IE but ran into another known bug where it offered a file to download rather than create the connection.

Workflow has been published/run in Chrome and IE, no difference.

Probably an unrelated bug, but I also had issues with the connections clearing themselves from actions. Have not been able to reproduce this at will, but sometimes when I go to publish a workflow an error pops up because all start/terminate workflow actions do not have connections and I have to mass reapply these with the "Apply connection to all" checkbox again.

Badge +1

I have resolved my issue.

The Connection Manager errors (ServiceNoResponse, Unauthorized request for connection) were red herrings. The issue was in the Terminate Workflow Instance action which had been passed the Item URL rather than the Site URL.

Badge +1

Thanks!

I actually did the same mistake and no matter how many times I checked the action configuration, I couldn't spot the issue. 

Badge +4
I am having the same issue. I am using the correct Tenant url. Any other issues cause this error?

I have a similar problem with a Web Request. The service I am calling might be temporarily down or just slow to start up. I then receive NoServiceResponse and the Workflow suspends. The Workflow History section shows "The operation has timed out" and that's it. I couldn't find any way to react to this error. I never get a Http Status code or anything I could check. If I am lucky I can resume the workflow manually but it won't retry the failed request. Is there any way to catch this error?

Badge +2

May you explain this more, what do you mean the terminate workflow instance  action was being passed to the Item URL?