Unable to update document library Managed Metadata column

We are trying to update the Taxonomy fields in a SharePoint document library through Nintex workflow(Site Column & List Column) using rest api(https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/nintex-for-office-365/blog/2015/06/25/update-managed-metadata-with-nintex-workflow-for-o365-via-sharepoint-rest-api), but the fields are not updated with the values. But Nintex support team has suggested that it only works for lists and not for libraries. 

Has anyone in the community has found the workaround for the solution? If anyone has a workaround could you please update the community 

14 replies

Badge +7

This is not a big deal follow below steps

Full snap

headers

3rd

sec

5th

7th

final

The above issue is resolved once I modified the workflow as per the above steps. My workflow is a Site workflow and if I run the workflow manually it works fine, but If i schedule the workflow it gives an "403" error at the action "Call HTTP Web Service". I have given the Workflow App "Full Control" permissions as well.

Kindly assist.

Badge +7

Hi Prashanth,

i'm glad to hear ,have your problem resolved, please mark it as Helpful and correct, it would be help full for others.

for your 403 error,you may Set Scope web level,Try below Step

<AppPermissionRequests>

<AppPermissionRequest

Scope="http://sharepoint/content/sitecollection"

Right="FullControl" />

</AppPermissionRequests>

thank for ur replay.it very useful.it is wonderful solution. 

Hi Ranjith,

I have updated the App permission xml to sitecollection level as mentioned above, but still I am encountering the same issue.

Am I missing any other setting on the site?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

Try the other action - "Web request". Using it you can provide credentials (https://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/#o365/O365WorkFlow/WorkflowActions-INT/WebRequest.htm%3FTocPath%3DWork%2520with%2520t…), so no such issues should occur.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +7

let me know whether you are still facing the issue

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for the steps to update managed meta data column.

But unfortunately I am not able to update the same.

I am getting below error.

An unexpected 'PrimitiveValue' node was found when reading from the JSON reader. A 'StartObject' node was expected.

Badge +7

Hi,

are you trying to Update a List are Library ? Pls Let me know 

Regards

Ranjith

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to update library.

Badge +7

Are You using Metadata columns hidden field internal name ?

for example Column name Would be " TaxonomyField_0 "

to get the metadata columns display name, follow below link 

Find Guid of list column in SharePoint – Kenneth's tech site 

Thanks,

Ranjith.

Yes, I tried using internal name of metadata column and also TaxonomyField_0. But didn't work.

As mentioned by you I tried to use guid of the column, but no luck.

Badge +7

Hi 

Have you tried your workflow with the normal columns (Ex:-Title)? 

Regards

Ranjith.

Yes, I am able to update Title. Thanks.