Solved

Trigger a worflow on another list with a Create Item Action

• 12 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hi

I and other users have access to both lists.  When I create a new Item on the other list I was hoping I could automatically trigger the workflow on it  given the Workflow initiation is a  Create or Modify.   Yes, I can call the workflow on the other list but is this the only way?

icon

Best answer by callum 13 October 2017, 09:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Daniel,

wasn't aware of this but its the same behaviour in my environment. Maybe you should post it to uservoice as I think more people would support that feature.

Best regards

Enrico

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Yes, there was a discussion somewhere in this forum before, regarding the fact, that the workflow doesn't trigger on events caused by NintexApp - so the system account.

Regards, 

Tomasz 

Badge +9

hi

I had thought of using an App Step but I decided I in the end just to call the w/f directly . Seems a lot of hard work but I guess the reason is a synchronisation issue.

Badge +9

Hi Daniel,

This is a restriction in place for all workflows, including SPD workflows, presumably to prevent cascades or infinite loops.

Best option if you know the Id of the item is to start a workflow manually on it.

Thanks,

Callum

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi ‌ - Have you solved your issue? if yes - can you mark one of the answers as correct, so that other users will know, that they can find a verified solution here? 

Regards,

Tomasz