Hello, wondering if someone had a similar issue like this:

Created a column 'Originator' in the list

Added action to set the field Originator with value of CreatedBy

When I run the workflow I get the below weird error which I don't understand:

Anyone a tip why this happens ?

Thanks

Jaap

Activity in progress

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled after 2/9/2017 2:12 PM. Details of last request: HTTP BadRequest to https://pathetc/_api/web/lists(guid'8b2f8173-74c6-409f-bb4f-ba4eb4f70ecc')/Items(17) Correlation Id: eba50ffd-80c3-e49c-8031-b5ee1e1b2461 Instance Id: 1adda41b-3bcd-48fc-b8b0-e92e9333c5db

The property 'OriginatorId' does not exist on type 'SP.Data.PAD_x0020_RequestsListItem'.

Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.
Retry now               

icon

Best answer by jaapsteenis 11 February 2017, 10:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Are you sure you are using the correct spelling of the name when setting the field?  Curious because you said "Originator" but later said "OriginatorId"

Badge +6

When you use a column ''Originator in your design, the problem is present. So I am wondering if this is a Nintex Bug ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I've run into issues in the past with certain "reserved" column names and have observed the same thing.  For example list lookup fails if you have a column name such as DisplayName that is the same as an item property in Sharepoint.

Badge +6

Hi Mike, yes got that same feeling too with reserved fields. A column like Originator is a standard column every user would define as valid column in his/her design isn't it ?

I think that Nintex must address this as this frustrates like hell and did take me roughly 2 hours to correct.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Without checking, I say it certainly sounds like one.  Why not just change the column name to something else and test, see if you get better results?

Badge +6

Yes we called ite Requester 🙂 but if you have loaded a history of 2000 records and need to run a workflow to fill that field again, I am not going to love that extra work :-)