cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Task completion "all must agree" in O365

In the 'Start a Task Process' action in Nintex O365, is there a way to set up the Assignee Options to wait for all assignees to 'agree' to a specific outcome, and only then have the workflow proceed to the next state?

In this thread, Do you really know the Flexi task? , Chris Ben​ looks at the Flexi Task options in the on-premise version of Nintex, and it does have two options that are perfect for what I'm looking for - "all must agree" and "all must agree on a specific outcome". I am, however, working with the O365 version which has only these four options (see 'Assignee Options' section in this link: Start a task process​):

• Wait for all responses: The workflow will wait until all the responses have been collected. The outcome which received the most number of responses will be returned. In the event of a tie, the response that was received first will be returned.
  • Wait for first response: The workflow will wait until the first response is received and return the outcome of the first response.
  • Wait for specific response: The workflow will wait until the required outcome (Required Outcome) is received. If the required outcome is not received, then the default outcome will be returned.
  • Wait for percentage of a response: The workflow will wait until a specified percentage (Required Percentage) of a particular outcome (Required Outcome) is received. If the required percentage is not achieved, then the default outcome will be returned.

The set up screen for the task process also contains the following context for the Wait for all responses option, "It will then return the outcome that received the most number of responses. In the event of a tie, the response that was received first will be returned." That sounds like the responses will be aggregated, and the 'winning response' is used to move the workflow forward.

TaskAssignmentOptions.PNG

My questions are:

1. Are the "all must agree" and "all must agree on a specific outcome" assignee options planned for the Nintex O365 version?
  2. Does anyone have a workaround to get the Nintex O365 task process to only proceed when all assignees agree on a specific outcome?
Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
philipplucas
Nintex Newbie

Re: Task completion "all must agree" in O365

Hi Arti,

how many assignees do you have? Is it a static number? Maybe you could create a separate flexi task for each assignee in parallel actions. When all tasks are processed you could evaluate the outcomes manually in your workflow and proceed with whatever you need.

This screenshot shows an on-premise workflow but it can be adapted to O365.

Regards

Philipp

Not applicable

Philipp,

Unfortunately, we have a varying number of assignees entered in by the person filling the form.

Arti

olampl11
Nintex Newbie

Hello,

have you noticed that you can define the Required Percentage, after selecting the option Wait for percentage of a response.

It sounds like that this met your requirement's, if you would set the  Required Percentage to 100%.

Hobe it helps,

br oli

Not applicable

Hi Oliver,

I saw that, but I wondered if that was just referring to the number of task assignees that provide a task response (one way or another). But definitely worth another look though. I'll try this and report back.

Thanks!

Arti

Not applicable

Can report back that this setting does not work for our needs. It's a little too sensitive in what it regards as "properly completed", and consequently, every form I 'approved', the workflow registered as 'rejected' as that's the default response unless the required response (100% approved) is reached. I switched the settings back to 'Wait for all responses' and the approval/rejections are now being recorded correctly.

mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Did the answer work out for you?

Not applicable

Mike, we are still working on ironing out some other bugs. Hopefully we can get to testing this aspect of it soon.

Not applicable

Keep us posted, Arti A​!

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos