Solved

Submit Button Validation - Only working in Preview

• 30 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

All,

I have designing a form where I have 6-7 required fields ( single line, people picker, multi-line, drop down). I also have some custom validations to implement (yet to start).

The thing is validation is working fine in preview mode and it is showing Error messages when I am clicking Submit button.  After publishing the form  in SharePoint site when I am simply submitting the form without any value it is submitting without firing any validation. As pointed earlier I have not added any custom validations. I do have some rules for hiding specific sections on form.

I have gone through with lot of community blogs and posts but still no luck. Could you please through some light.

Nintex version - Nintex Office 365.

Thanks,

Rahul

icon

Best answer by rahulprakash 18 April 2017, 16:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you export and share the form?

Badge +4

Hello,

maybe there is problem with javascript. Could you try to open the "Developer toolbar" in Internet Explorer (push f12).

And lets see, if there is any error in the console.

Badge +6

Hi Rahul,

Please check your client click of your JavaScript by F12. ‌  ‌ . 

Thanks 

Bashya Rajan A

Badge +4

Thank you Fernando, Milan and Bashya for taking time. I have worked with Nintex support team and resolved the issue.

Root cause was related to another custom validation on a control. That was blocking default functionality. 

This issue is resolved now.

Thanks,

Rahul

Badge +1

Rahul,

If you don't mind, could you please mark your question as answered - else it will stay in the list of open issues.