Specified Cast is not valid error

• 6 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +9

I'm getting a "Specified cast is not valid" error when submitting a form through Nintex mobile app. The form just have some panels, one drop down menu, single line of texts and checkboxes. I've used some rules to show/hide panels based on the checkboxes. 

Any idea why I'm getting this error? or how to troubleshoot it? the error has an associated error ID but how do I get to that ID to see the error behind the scenes in Office 365? I'm used to on-prem where I can merge logs and go through them, but troubleshooting office 365 is new to me..

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you have face the same error when submitting the form via the browser? Anyway - the error means that you are providing a variable of a different type than the action expects, but the action is ad-hoc trying to use it as the required type and boom - the error. Like if you want to use String as Integer or Dictionary as String. 

Maybe you have a field attached to a column of a certain type, but the field returns data in a different format than the column expects?

Regards,

Tomasz