cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Some list items not following formatting rule in Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

I'm have a list with a custom form which I've built in Nintex Forms for O365.  At the top of the form there are some instructions in a label with a rule set to hide when the form is not in New Mode.  However, some list items always show the instructions regardless of any rules I put on the label.

I've tried using if 1==1 hide, and I've even tried deleting and recreating the label and it still shows on certain records but not others. I have confirmed that if I delete the label or change the text it is reflected on all records so it's not showing a cached version of the form or anything like that.

I can't find anything similar about the records that aren't behaving properly.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Re: Some list items not following formatting rule in Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

Does sound like strange behaviour.

Try a full width panel and place the label inside that. Then on the panel either a rule or in the visibility settings set a Not(Is New Mode) = Hide

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'll mark this answer correct since it was first, but shaunlub was correct too.  I ended up putting an expression in the view settings of a panel around the label and that fixes the issue.  I still don't know why the rules aren't working in the first place, but this will do.

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have sometimes found that rules require the control have a value in the Control Name field. So that could be something.

Also - you could try using the Visibility setting inside the control - Set this to 'Expression' and put "in New Mode" in the expression box. (it is not as handy as a rule - which can cover multiple controls) but should do the job for this control.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I tried adding names first, but that didn't fix the issue.  Adding the visibility expression to a panel around the label did the trick though.  Thanks for your help.