Solved

SharePoint operation 'GetUsersByGroupNameAsync' did not return successfully.

• 2 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I am trying to fix a workflow that I had previously tested and was working. The workflow sends an email to a SharePoint group which includes multiple users. On this particluar workflow I am getting an error that terminates the workflow. I have attempted to use a brand new SP Group but that is not working. I have verified we have access to all resources the workflow will touch and the users are part of the group that owns the SP Group. Any ideas or suggestions? Here is the error.

RequestorId: bf12dee0-a4c3-0b05-0000-000000000000. Details: System.Activities.Statements.WorkflowTerminatedException: SharePoint operation 'GetUsersByGroupNameAsync' did not return successfully. Status Code: [Forbidden]{"odata.error":{"code":"-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."}}}

icon

Best answer by pkops1 4 October 2019, 06:49

View original

1 reply

The problem is not in Nintex but in SharePoint. Make sure that in the group settings section the option: "Who can view the membership of the group" is set to Everyone. If the Nintex workflow cannot view its members, it will throw an error.