Solved

SharePoint REST API getbytitle with ampersand in title?

• 13 September 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge +4

Hi ,

I am trying to query SharePoint list using Nintex workflow Web API. It is working fine for all the lists except in the list title.

Tried below , nothing worked .

AB&C Company

AB&C Company

AB%26C%20Company .

Please suggest ...

icon

Best answer by raghavat 4 October 2017, 23:38

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

I suggest googling, ex.: https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/164673/sharepoint-rest-api-getbytitle-with-ampersand-in-title or https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/167125/issue-with-symbol-in-rest-api. Have you tried the suggestions from the Google search results?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi Tomasz ,

Thank you for your response .

Yes I tried both of them . Nothing worked for me ..

So I submitted my question here ..

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I found that one as well. Haven' tried myself, but Microsoft community claims it works:

Maybe this is something you can try out too. Maybe other on the forum have their suggestions?
Regards,
Tomasz
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I mean - I know you have already tried with %26, but maybe there is something else in your REST call you are missing? Maybe the ampersand is not the reason? What errors do you get? What is your query string, that you use for calls? Can you share it?

Badge +4

I created a new List named ABC Company (With out & ) it worked fine without any issues .

The only issue is coming up with & . So Need a solution .

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi raghava t

Try /_api/lists/getbytitle('AB%20&%20C%20Company')

or

/_api/lists/getbytitle('"+encodeURI('AB & C Company')+"')

Hope this helps

Badge +7

try to replace the & with %26

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi ‌ - have you managed to make it work?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

Hi Tomasz ,

After I tried all the options and nothing worked out for me . 

I created a new list without having & (ampersand) .

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I wonder why none from the suggested replacements worked... Maybe there is a bug in Nintex parsing the query... Dunno

I'm glad you worked it out. Can you mark any from the above answers as correct (or yours), or in case not - I will just mark the post as "assumed answered".

Regards,

Tomasz