Solved

SharePoint Group or Multiple People Picker field not able to email or assign tasks to all

• 13 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

I find a lot of solved posts about this but everyone has a different situation than me and none of their solutions seem to work.

I have a travel request workflow that gets approvers based off the budget account. 

The budget account is matched off a list that I get the various approvers for.

One of these columns is for grants that historically I was using a sharepoint group for.

In the workflow it has no problem assigning the task to the SP group but most groups don't get emails, or some people in the group do but not all.  I thought about doing a multiple value people picker. 

I tried:

a. Assigning a variable (of several types) the value of the multiple people field but I get an error or completes with no email actually sent.

b. assigning the group to a "people or group" variable and sending an email and it completes but no email was sent.

c. RegEx to extract email addresses from the JSON its stored in but I can't even get it to write to the log to see the format but this errors about the type of variable or input and so I don't know if my formula worked.

d. Taken the people field direct into the Start a Task process but got an error.

So how do I take a multiple people column and save them into their own people type variables (or as emails into a collection is perhaps best) and make sure they all get emails and a task assigned.  I can do a task for multiple people that they all have to approve before moving to the next one (ideal) but not sure how to get it in the proper format.....

icon

Best answer by jacquenv 14 May 2019, 00:19

View original

1 reply

Badge +6

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/How-to-capture-the-Display-Name-of-multiple-people-from-a-Person/td-p/86076

Ran into this post AFTER I posted here.  I also made the mistake of not refreshing my workflow so it never reflected the new column type and thus couldn't choose the "comma delimited" of the emails.  Assigns perfectly!