Solved

Setting the task due date 3 days from submitting the form

• 6 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

Hi All,

is there any way you can assign due date to "Assign a task" action 3 days from creating the task?. i can only see calendar where you can select a date or select today's date.  

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 6 February 2017, 09:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there, 

In your workflow, I would do a calculated date of "Today + 3 days" ... and assign that to a variable.... and then in "Due Date", use that variable! 

Would that work out for you?

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +5

Hi Rhia,

using Set a Workflow Variable ?

I tried it but there are not expression to add +3

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You can use the Calculate Date functionality to assign your "Today + 3" date into a variable.

The "Store Date In" bit is where you'll put the variable you want to store the date in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In nintex workflow o365‌ there is no such action as "Calculate date" however, but you can use its counterpart: "Add time to date":

In the end results are going to be the same.

Then you need to use, this way calculated variable in your "Due Date" field:

But I guess this is something you have already figured out

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

Hi Rhia,

Thanks again, I couldn't find this action in the office 365, how ever I found the below "Add Time to date".

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Kannan Ahammed‌ if this discussion helped you to solve your problem please mark the best answer as "Correct" so that other users will find it helpful

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

lol Thanks Tomasz yes I did.

Thanks Rhia as always, I guess I have to take the course from tek dog as you suggested .

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Haha, sorry about that, I didn't notice the "O365" portion of the question. Ack!