Sometimes, you just can't make stuff up!
On Friday, I successfully demoed to the team my latest version of my Request Form and supporting Workflow. The form as has couple of List Lookups which allow the requester to select multiple names, filtered by the previous List Lookup selection. Assuming I get the correct Regex Expression Action syntax, I can extract each name from the second List Lookup and Assign Tasks or send and send emails. I connect the ID of the second Lookup List to a List item Text Column which stores the string value this in this format:
3;Daniel Westerdale;#7;Donald Duck
On Tuesday my client decided they wanted both the List Lookups to be single value select and straight way my workflow starting terminating prematurely . Further investigation seems to suggest some sort of flaw in the way a single select List lookup passes its value to connected Text List column. Indeed, It seems to truncate the string so it only stores the number prefix. Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my Workflow history I log my Text List Column but this time I don't store the full string just the number prefix, and this is before I can apply any RegEx!!!!!!!!!!!!
I simply didn’t see this issue when the same List Lookup allowed multiple values. A Show Stopper I think
Solved! Go to Solution.
I found a workaround
As I said earlier, you just can't make this up !!!!!!
Note, both Lookup Lists are enclosed in separate panels.
I just stumbled across your post. There is a better way to do this with the parseLookup function. Here's a quick reference to it.