Solved

Set Date field to null in Office 365 workflow

• 3 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi Eric HarrisLisa Tam Support Technical Issues

I am trying to update date field to null using nintex workflow o365, but no luck. can anyone faced the similar situation before. 

I tried in many ways.

1. assigning the date to a empty Date/time variable - no luck

2. Created another date column with empty value and assigned this to date field - no luck

3. currently using the Office 365 Update items action and its giving me an error when trying to write a filter condition.

Your comments are appreciated.

-Sudheekar.

icon

Best answer by ben_nadler 4 January 2019, 16:43

View original

6 replies

Badge +3

Hey Sudheekar, I remember reading somewhere that it works if you set the date value to "0000-00-00", can you try and see if that works?

Badge +17

Why zetia a value to null? That seems a bit backwards because null is no value, so you can't really set a value to no value.

Are you trying to remove a value?

Badge +2

Yes Eric, i am trying to remove the date. Just a note i am working in O365 site. Thanks again.

Badge +2

Hi Lisa, I tried to set the date value to "0000-00-00", but its not accepting in this format.

Badge +2

You can do it if you use the Office 365 Update Items action. 

See below for configuration settings. You just need to create your own Connection and change the field name from External Review Date to whatever field you are trying to blank out 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I've tried this solution and it works - but only if you match on ID column with the match 'is equal to' ID value (either hardcoded or variable). It fails for me to find a match on any other field type.