Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Sending to external emails using the 365 trial

Jump to solution

Hi team,

Is there a restriction on outbound emails to external email addresses when using an Office 365 trial + Nintex trial?  If I address an email to an external email address, the workflow throws an exception.  If I address it to an internal email address and copy the external one, the external email address is stripped.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (1)
14 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Sending to external emails using the 365 trial

Jump to solution

Chris

We're working on official guidance on this right now but in the meantime, I'm looping in Alex Burton who can provide details on how you can configure outbound emails leveraging Exchange Online in O365.

R.

Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

The Office 365 platform itself restricts external emails being sent, which we leverage in the Send Notification action.

We are in the final stages of developing an action, as Ryan mentions above,  that will allow you to send external emails via your Exchange Online tenant as part of our Exchange Online pack available in the Nintex Store. I will update this thread once the action is released to the store.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

time has passed and I wonder if the feature to send external emails from a Sharepoint Online Workflow is available now in the Nintex Store.

Can.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just wondering where Nintex is at with emailing external user? I've just had the request to email someone using an email collected from a field in a form.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Is there an update on this ? 

I am not able to check actions lists at the moment so may be it was released already, either way an update would be good as you offered. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Francois,

It's taken a little while to get up the prioritisation queue with some of the other items we have been doing, but engineering has commenced. Expect to see it in the not too distant future. I will update the thread when I know which release its going to be on.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Alex,

It has been over a year since the original request. Any update? I am evaluating Nintex, and if it can not send emails to external users it is kind of a deal breaker for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Luis!

I see you asked this elsewhere. Please see my response in that thread for news on that feature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Chris, would you look at plumsail workflows actions pack.

E-mail processing workflow acitons for SharePoint 2013/Online Plumsail‌

0 Kudos