Solved

Basic task form on workflow is blank

• 17 September 2018
  • 10 replies

New to K2.

I have a workflow set up for document approval. It pulls info from the form, and uses that in the task to ask recipients to approve or deny the attatchments. The workflow kicks off fine, and will email the right group with an email task, but the "click to open worklist item" in the email is showing up blank, with no options in the actions drop down box, and I am not sure why. There are attatched pictures to better illustrate what I am referencing. 

10822iC69791678DBB3292.jpg
12763i1505FCD4B25DC25B.jpg
15199i300F9DD8AC903EA0.jpg
15482i07A2E9BFA0736692.jpg

icon

Best answer by Nik1 18 September 2018, 18:28

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What do the Initialize rules on your form look like? It will still have to use the parameters (including SN) to load the data fields

Badge +9

Can you make sure that the user opening the task is the same user assigned on the "Approve or Deny" step?

Badge +9

Hi CCraig,

I see on Workflow3.jpg, that you are using the Basic Task Form, i would guess that this is the reason why its showing a blank form, change this to the SmartForm option and select the Form you want to use.

-Jean

Shouldn't the basic task form layout be standard option for those who do not want to use a smartform? I just need a simple "approve or deny" like the basic form sould do (the dropbox) and thats really all I need to continue the workflow. 

Yes it is set as a group of users for testing purposes which I have the log in for, and it is going to the correct user(s). 

All I have on the form for rules is 

"

• When the Form is Initializing
  • then on DocSubmitItemView View, execute the Initialize method
     (configure)"
Badge +9

As a test can you set destination to your account specifically instead of using group, and see it that makes any difference?

Interesting. If I do set it to myself, it does load properly. I will have to let my manager know that something isn't going right with the test accounts he gave me. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It should be possible to use the basic task form for the Task step. I did further testing and in one scenario i was able to reproduce similar behavior when the user or the user's group membership is not resolved correctly in K2. Perhaps you can run UMUser SmartObject's Get user Details method and compare it to your working account. (i.e. input paramter is: K2:domain_nameuser_name).

Well, as I said, sending it to me instead (originator) does load the form. I've looked at the user rights and nothing is restricted (The test group only has 2 users), and even so, when tasks are assigned in workflow the users should automatically get rights to the task and forms/views needed. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it will not load for that group, but will when I send it to me.