Nintex Live Forms - How to get around not being able to customize the form URL

• 10 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I'm trying to use Nintex live forms to allow external collaberators to submit to our internal SharePoint site (has to be the internal site). My form is setup the way I want it, but the URL used to access the form isn't very user friendly, including the tiny URL, and my client would like to change it.

Has anyone come up with any work arounds to this issue? As much as I don't like these ideas, I was thinking about using a QR code that could be sent in an email/training pamphlet (clients idea) or setting up a custom domain that would redirect to the form URL.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2 replies

Badge +7

I've also run into the issue of people not liking the unfriendly URLs, even the short ones so, I setup redirect URLs on our website. I happen to be both the SharePoint Admin and Webmaster so, I can just do this myself, but if you're not, see if the webmaster of the website can setup a redirect URL to the unfriendly link.

For example, if my website was www.example.com, my new friendly URL would be www.example.com/FormName (or whatever text you want here). That URL is setup to redirect to either the shortened URL or non-shortened URL. Yes, they do end up seeing the unfriendly URL in the address bar after they're redirected, but for flyers and marketing, the redirect URL can be used as a much friendlier option.

Badge +1

This is what I was afraid of, but at least it IS a solution. 

Thanks for the input.