Solved

Save the form without starting the workflow

Badge +5

Hi Guys,

My forms are pretty  big, I would like to provide an option to save the file if the user is not compleated or wanted to come back to and double check before submitting.

is there any feature in nintex which allows us to do that ?

Regards

Kannan

icon

Best answer by sean_fiene 13 March 2017, 16:45

View original

14 replies

Badge +16

This week a new feature was released for Nintex Forms - you can read about it in this blog post - I think it should be what you are after (note it only bypasses validation on the form, not in the list > so best to make the validation on the form and make all columns optional in your list if you want to utilise this feature).

Badge +8

Hi Kannan,

Please note that this new feature Cassy refers to is for Nintex Forms on-premise only.

I am also not sure if the new feature will completely be what you are looking for because you mention 'wanted to come back'. An option (there are more) for you might be the following:

- Add a checkbox just above the save button with a text like 'Confirm that this form is complete and the workflow can be started'.

- Connect the checkbox to a yesy/no field on the SharePoint list.

- Let the workflow only start when the checkbox is checked (the field has a value of 'Yes').

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +5

Hi Rick/Cassy ,

Thanks for the reply. @Rick Bakker. As i understood the workflow normally starts when an item is created, modified or manually started. is this some feature that Nintex has ?

Regards

Kannan

Badge +5

Hi Cassy,

This is a good feature to have for office 365.

Regards

Kannan

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Still not sure if we're talking about on prem or Office 365 but in on prem you have the following start options:

- manually

- when item is created,

- when item is modiefied,

- conditional when Item is created/modified AND certain conditions are met

Last one was the best shot for "save and continue" until the new feature came last week.

Badge +5

This Question is regarding office 365 Enrico.

but it would be interesting to know about "conditional when Item is created/modified AND certain conditions are met"

I didn't know that it was possible.

Badge +8

Hi Kannan,

In Office 365, there is no conditional start option. The best option you then have is the filter action:

Filter action

It is not that good as the conditional start because the workflow actually does start, but when you place the filter action as first action in the workflow (and configure it correctly) it will only proceed when the condition is met (checkbox is checked),.

Cheers,

Rick

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If this question is related to O365 I'm moving it to the right forum

Kannan if any from the answers above helped you please mark one of your choice as "Correct", so that other users will know it is the solution.

Regards, 

Tomasz

Badge +9

Hi Kannan,

Keep an eye out for the 'Save and Continue' feature to come soon to Nintex Forms for Office 365. I'll update the blog post once the feature is released.

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Badge +16

Whoops sorry I didn't realise wasn't in O365 too!

Badge +5

Can't wait  to see this feature implemented Sean.

Badge +5

Looking forward for this feature in Office 365. My be I am too anxious for this feature but let me ask you this question anyways. When the form is saved, will it generate a list Item ID? I am hoping it does and I am planning to use this list item ID in my process. 

Badge
Fine solution, thanks
Badge +3

Hello,
Do we have this feature in "New Responsive Form" for Office 365?