Smartobject Unknown could not be found

• 21 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I am getting the below error while opening the forms. same error i am getting while running my application. 

Stack Trace:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.,

SourceCode.HostServerLib,

at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)  

at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)   at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.GetSmartObject(Guid guid)  

at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.RuleHelper.GetSmartObjectDetails(Guid guid)   at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.RuleHelper.GetMethodDisplayName(Context context, String methodName)   at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.RuleHelper.ResolveEvent(Context context)  

at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.RuleHelper.BuildContext(Event ev)   at SourceCode.Forms.Utilities.RuleHelper.GetEventLocation(Event ev)  

at SourceCode.Forms.Forms.PartialPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()  

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please help me to resolve this error

Regards,

Hemant

15347iD600BE21EFC78DE3.jpg

7 replies

Badge +9

Hemant

Can you give us a little context on where and when you are getting this error? Is it on all forms that you open or just a specific one? Have you been able to open these forms before now with no issue? And what have you changed recently in your environment?

Ian

Badge +5
Hi Ian,

Thanks for reply., I am setting up new environment and took the package of development of environment and deployed on new environment. After all configuration I am getting this error. This error is coming for each form when I clicked on Edit.

Regards,
Hemant
Badge +6

What Service Instance type are your Smart Objects built on? e.g. if it's SQL Service Instance is the database set up correctly? 

Badge +5

Hi CJack, 

Yes i am using SQL Service Instance. i checked the setup also n it was working fne. i can execute the smartobject methods using smartobject tester.

Regards,

Hemant

Badge +5

Hi,

i m steel facing this issue. Please suggest solution

Regards,

Hemant

Badge +6

Hi Hemant,

Perhaps you could log a ticket with K2 support. They would be able to assist you with this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Hemant,

I would enable SmartObject Service logging and attach a copy of the log file when submitting a K2 support ticket. The error message seems to be related to  orphan SmartObjects.

http://help.k2.com/en/kb000298.aspx

If it's not possible to enable SmartObject Service logging, then a fiddler trace will definitely help, see sample below.

17180iE80DF73242653646.png