Solved

Rules not working in Repeating section

• 9 September 2019
  • 11 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am very new to SharePoint and Nintex forms. Currently, I am designing a form ( through Responsive designer) which is not linked to a list (but it will be).

I have created a Repeating section and it has different Choices. According to these choices, I need to calculate and store a value.

Example of drop down list:

Enrolled: Full Year or Half Year (if Full Year the value will be 1 if Half Year the value will be 0.5)

Studying: Full time or par time ((if Full Time the value will be 1 if Part time the value will be 0.5)

I have created 2 number fields to store the values, calcuate and show it in another number field. For this I have created the rules also.

I have already worked similar to this and it worked pefectly fine, but when I am doing in the repeating section it is not working at all.

Any idea what is the issue with the repeating section?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

AhmedK

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 10 September 2019, 02:14

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
WIthout seeing the layout of the form, rules or the formula's it will be hard to diagnose this issue.
Please provide screen shots of how your form is setup and what it is you are trying to do. Any sample formula's and rules will also help.

Maybe an export of your form may help.
Badge +3

Hi,

Attaching my form screen shot (1.jpg). When I select "Full Year " from enrolled drop down, the value in "ValueEnrolled" should be 1.

I am also attaching the Rule screen shot for your reference.

Thank you.

AhmedK

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I have tested this functionality as per your screen shot and the form is behaving as expected.
Please provide an export of your form so I can test it.
Badge +3

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I have exported the form (hopefully in the correct way). Kindly let me know if I am attaching the correct export.

Thank you.

Badge +3

Kindly note, I have taken those two fields (Enrolled and Value Enrolled) out from the Repeating section and created the rule again and it worked fine. Also, I tried keeping a default value in few fields inside the repeating section and that is also not working.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
It looks like the Repeating section does not like being inside a group as the repeating section is kind of a group in itself.
Remove the reperating section from the group and your rule will work and the form design will not appear much different.
Badge +3
Hi,

Great! Yes it worked!
Thank you for your help 🙂

Kind regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Great.
Just to let you know, I have also reported this issue to the Nintex development team because this scenario should work.
Badge +3

@SimonMuntz  Yes, that would be great :)

I have another question, I want to do some calculations in the repeating section. For example

ValueEnrolled * ValueStudying * Supervision = Weighting

When I am creating the Variable, it says: "Formula return type does not match type number" and in look up it is appearing as Array (number) and not number. Should I create a new case for this?

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
The controls in a repeating section are treated as Array's.
For every row of the repeating section that is added another index is created in an array for each control.
At present there are limited functions that can be used with the array but more will be coming in the future.
Badge +3

Hi,

Oh ok, means we cannot do such calculations?
I am able to create a Variable:

(
convertToNumber("[Form].[HDRSupervision].[ValEnrolled]")
convertToNumber("[Form].[HDRSupervision].[ValStudying]")
convertToNumber("[Form].[HDRSupervision].[Supervision]")
)

but all it is showing in the field is "0".

Thank you.