Rules for save button on responsive form

• 1 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

I have created a Nintex Responsive form, when I hit enter the form submits but I have not completed all the data. 

Is there a rule that you can use in form to stop the form from saving until you hit the save button

In the Classic form you can enter some CSS Script but in the responsive for you are not able to.

Any Suggestions?

Kind regards

Claire Allen

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well... Why don't you set up some rules, that will make fields required, so unless they are filled with data, user cannot send the form?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +7

Good morning,

That was the thing, I know that I can apply a rule, but I’m not sure on what rule to apply.

Do you have any suggestions, one that I thought off was to put another button on the form but I’m not sure on the actual rule configuration.

Kind regards

Claire

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi

You should use the "Validation" rule (to be true if field is isNullOrEmpty), or simply go into field's settings and set it to be required. You can apply the rule then to many fields, to those you want to be filled before saving. Moreover, if those fields are connected to SharePoint columns, simply configure them to be required then you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Regards, 

Tomasz 

Badge +7

Hello Tomasz,

Sorry I'm not sure if I am missing something?

When creating a rule on the NEW Responsive Forms, the rules show as below

I would normally click on the icon 

Find the field required for example (Named Controls) Project Number (Runtime Functions) is NullOrEmpty then I get asked to enter a (value)? which I am not 100% sure what it would be.

I want to Disable the save button.

Kind regards

Claire